Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Our Referral Translation Came!

We received Jaci's translated referral information and I realized that in my excitement over being a mommy that this information is a few months old. So...Jaci is still little but not quite as tiny as we first thought.

As of October 14 (at 12 months of age):

Weight: 20.9 lbs.
Height: 27.5 inches
She has six teeth!!

Yang--is the family surname; means in relief; open, positive

Li--means beautiful (I couldn't agree more!)

Hai--means ocean; sea

It says that "Li Hai is our wish that this child's life will be fulfilling like an ocean filled with sunlight"

When happy, she laughs out loud, and when unhappy she cries loud too! Yang Li Hai is an active, smart, lovable little child.

We have sent our acceptance letter back to Harrah's and I cannot explain in words how absolutely happy I am! I want to thank everyone for their wonderful comments...they make my day!!

6 comments:

Candace Smith said...

Well, all I have to say is Congratulations 10 times over. You two have been such an inspiration in my life and I am sure many others. God works in mysterious ways, but I am certain that there is no mystery to this. Good things happen to good people and y'all are certainly the "Best of the Best". I love you two with all of my heart and I couldn't be happier for Jaci. She will have fantastic parents. It makes sense that two amazing people would come together and share such a wonderful experience. I will be forever grateful for the advise, love and time that you two have devoted to me in my life. I am most certain that Jaci Li Stone will be eternally grateful for the sacrifice and determination that y'all put forth to give her a life full of love and opportunity.

She is beautiful and her name says it all! How wonderful..... such an exciting experience is what makes people understand that there is hope in this world. I can't wait and I can only imagine the anticipation y'all are feeling. I love you guys very much and am always hoping and praying for the best.

Love always

Stacey Park said...

Congratulations Erin and Keith, I can't wait for Jaci to join the crew on the block (Do you realize how many little ones we have, it is a regular zoo down there this summer!) She is gorgeous! Nolan stands at our doorway and yells for Hannah. I'm sure he will be yelling Jaci soon if she will jump on the trampoline with him or play ball with him (those are his requirments he has when looking for buddies). I am so excited for you. Isn't life great!

Shawna Dobbs said...

I am so excited for you all. Reading about your progress brings it all back for me. Your "Gotcha" moment will be better than you can even imagine, and you will spend every day after that marveling at how you were somehow matched with the daughter that is just perfect for you. This is an amazing journey that you are on-savor every moment. I can't wait to see Serena and Jaci together!
Shawna

Glenda said...

Wow! Everything is FINALLY moving along fast!! It's about time!! She is soooooo cute! I can't wait to meet her.

jebbiemom said...

She is perfect!!! I am so excited for you. You made my whole day by calling me this morning. There is not a sweeter or better person in this world than you, and I know Jaci is going to be the luckiest little girl in the world! I am going to Dallas this weekend and I will be returning with tons of frilly little dresses hahaha I can't wait. I love you so much!!! Congrats
Michelle

Mammarazzi Madness said...

Congrats on your referral. You daughter is beautiful. We just returned from China a month ago. It was an amazing trip.
Safe travels! It will be here very soon.
Andrea