Monday, March 19, 2007

It's Official!!

Today, we went back to the Civil Affairs Office and Yang Li Hai officially became our daughter. We were interviewed twice and promised to love her and raise her always. They asked if we promised to never abandon her and to love her as our own. All of the answers were, of course, YES!!


We have discovered that our fiesty, outgoing little girl becomes very shy in front of others. She will babble, dance, and run around the hotel room but when we get in a group she clams up. That is a good sign that she is comfortable with us and is starting to bond nicely.


Keith took several pictures from the bus ride to the Civil Affairs Office. Driving here is very very scary...cars are coming from all directions, people are walking all over the place, and there are bicycles weaving through traffic. I thought I was going to have a heart attack several times!!


We also had to take Jaci for her physical examination...she is healthy & did not cry during her exam. When the doctor used the tongue depressor, she came pretty close. She was a real trooper thru the whole process.


This evening, we are meeting our group for Cantonese food...we are being adventurous!! Hope everyone is having fun...I cannot believe that Spring Break is over!! There is a school right next to our hotel so I am thinking about everyone!!
I have several emails to respond to...I promise I will tonight! I have been so tired that I have been pretty useless after we get Jaci to sleep at night. I am feeling much better today so I will try to get a response out. Thanks for leaving us messages...it makes us feel much closer to home!!


2 comments:

Shawna Dobbs said...

She is so cute! I wanted to honk my horn when driving after we got back. How much did Jaci weigh? I am so glad you all are doing so well. We enjoy the updates.
Rest up while you can. Think of those of us slaving away at school today.
Shawna

Stephanie said...

Hi guys!! I must say she is adorable... I love the pic with her in Uncle Keith's hat =) I am really looking forward to meeting her! Tell Uncle Keith that I am really enjoying my morning DP ;) He is stronger than dad, I think he wouldn't be able to make it without one!

Love you guys! Hope the rest of the trip goes well!! Steph